“This post is sponsored by Pepperidge Farm, but the content and opinions expressed here are my own.”
It’s a sad reality that summer break cannot last forever. As a mom of 3 little girls, I love summer break. I love that there are no schedules, no homework, and no responsibilities. It is such a relaxing time for my kids and I wish it could last forever but obviously, it can’t. Before my girls head off to school there certain things that we have to do to get ready so that they have a successful back to school season.
With 3 girls that range from 7 to 13 years old, each child gets ready for back to school in their own way, but as their mom, there are at least 5 ways that I get them ready for the back to school season.
- Clothes: This is probably my girl’s favorite way to get back to school ready. During the summer I watch for all of the sales. It can become very expensive to purchase all of the necessary back to school clothing and shoes for my 3 girls right before school starts so I make sure to take the time to look for sales, buy resell and make small purchases throughout the summer break.
- Read: I know that as a good mother, I should make my girls read throughout the entire summer but I don’t, instead, I have them dedicate the last month of summer to reading 1-2 books. This is my way of helping them wake their little minds up.
- School Supplies: I make sure that I shop for my girl’s school supplies early in the summer. In past years, I have waited until a few weeks before school started and struggled with finding everything on their list.
- Schedule: A week before school starts I try to put my girls back on a normal morning and evening schedule. This isn’t always easy but by the time school actually starts their body starts to get adjusted to their new wake up and bedtime.
- Lunches: A few weeks before school starts, I talk to each of my girls and ask them for ideas on what to pack them for their upcoming school lunches. With 3 picky eaters, it is important for me to get their input on what they will actually eat. I hate packing school lunches and having the lunches come back home to me uneaten. Needless to say, I pack a lot of sandwiches. Of course, each child requests a different sandwich, but one thing that they can all agree on is the type of bread that they insist that I use for their sandwiches. Here is a video that shares why I love Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Slider Buns along with a few of my girl’s favorite sandwiches:
As I stated in the video, my girls all agree that for their school lunches they like their sandwiches made with Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Slider Buns. I have to agree with them. These slider buns make any type of sandwich taste a million times better. They come in a variety of different flavors such as Sesame Topped, Golden Potato, Sweet & Soft, Wheat, and White.
Pepperidge Farm® Bakery Classics Slider Buns are perfect for back to school lunches. Not only do they not have high fructose corn syrup, they do not have the color of flavors from artificial sources, they have 0g Trans Fat per serving but they are perfect for lunchboxes.
How do your kids get back to school ready? How do determine what to pack in their lunchboxes?
Please pin this for other parents: