This post contains affiliate links. Please see my full disclosure here.
If you are planning a trip to Walt Disney World and have a little princess that is 3-12 years old you may be thinking about making them an appointment at Walt Disney World’s Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. At the House of Fauci’s, we have a house full of little girls that love to get beautified and look and feel like a princess so each time we visit Walt Disney World we make sure to make an appointment. If you have ever visited Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique you know that it can get very expensive. As a frugal and at times a cheap mom, I like to be one step ahead of the rest and find ways to get the best bang for my bucks. If you are planning a trip to Walt Disney World with a little princess, I compiled a few Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique Tips You Will Want to Know. I really hope this is helpful because the first time that we visited this amazing hair salon for princesses, we were clueless.
After visiting Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique at Walt Disney World over the years I have learned different ways to save money, in addition to a few other helpful tips.
- There are 2 Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique locations. One is inside the Magic Kingdom at the castle. The other is at Disney Springs. I always choose the location at the Magic Kingdom so that my girls can feel the full experience but also because it is convenient since we are already at the park. The great thing about the Disney Springs location is that you don’t have to be a park ticket holder to make a reservation.
- To get your money’s worth, schedule your Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique appointment as early as you can in the day. I always schedule my girls to have their princess experience during the first hour.
- Arrive at your appointment with unpolished nails, brushed hair and a clean face. They paint your princesses nails and apply eyeshadow to their eyes.
- There are 3 different Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique princess packages. They go from expensive to really expensive. We always choose the least expensive package that includes a princess hairstyle, backpack filled with beauty products, a sash, and painted nails. This is the perfect package for my girls, however, one of my kids always begs for a princess dress. One of the more expensive packages (I believe the $200 package) includes a dress. Since there is no way that I am willing to pay this much, I let my daughter buy a dress before we go to the park. You can usually find a discounted princess dress at the Disney store after Halloween or you can find them on Amazon, like this one.
- You don’t have to wear a princess dress to look like a princess. My youngest child chooses not to wear a princess dress. There are cute and comfortable outfits that can be worn that will look perfect with a princess hairstyle such as this or this pretty outfit.
A few other important and helpful tips include:
- While your princess is getting their hair fixed, photographers from the PhotoPass group will walk around and take random pictures of your little one.
- After your child’s hair is complete and fingers are polished, their experience is not over yet. Afterward, you can take your princess to the shop around the corner (I don’t remember the name, but the ladies at the front desk will be glad to tell you) and they will have their own personal photo session. If you purchased the PhotoPass Plus then you will get copies of these amazing photos as part of your photo package.
- In order to get the best photos during the photo session, take the Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique sash off of your child. I did not think to do this until it was too late.
- If you make your reservations at the Magic Kingdom, most likely your little princess will not wear princess shoes with their princess dress, because of the amount of walking that will be done at the park. If you have space, I recommend that you carry her princess shoes so that she can wear them during the photo session. My girls wore regular shoes and it took away from the cuteness of the photos. I know that I can crop their feet out of the pictures but the right shoes would look so much cuter.
- Before the photo session, remove the princesses Magic Band. This is also something that I did not think to do.
- If your child got a braid with beads at one of the parks, don’t worry, they won’t have to remove the braid to do their hair and it will actually add a cute flair to it.
I love the service and the attention that the employees provide my little princesses at Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique. They make their entire experience magical. In addition, they talk to the princesses and make them comfortable and their entire experience magical. Can you add to this list of tips you will want to know before going to Bibbidi Bobbidi Boutique?
If you love Disney, which I am sure you do, take a look at these posts:
Also if you love to travel with your family, take a look at What You Need to Know Before Boarding the Liberty of the Seas.