*This post contains Amazon Affiliate links to make your shopping easier*
One of my favorite types of food to eat is comfort food. I am not sure if it’s because I am from the South or if I like how it makes me all happy inside. Lately, since it is cold and flu season, I have started to make soups. One of my favorite soups to make and serve my family is Chicken Vegetable Soup. This soup tasted so good; so good my pickiest eater asked for more!
I love soup, but I really love soup that is loaded with vegetables. The great thing about my Chicken Vegetable Soup is that you can add as many vegetables as you want and it will still taste great. This recipe is simple, however it does take a little bit of time.
I purchased a small chicken, bathed it in butter and then coated it with salt, pepper, and cinnamon. I then followed the package directions as far as baking it. After it was completely cooked, I let it cool down and then I shredded it with these amazing Meat Claws. The Meat Claws are an amazing tool that allows you to shred your meat without burning your hands. I recommend this tool for anyone that plans on tearing up some meat.
I love to add fresh vegetables to my soup. For this recipe I added fresh onions, celery, carrots, and cilantro. Before I add the vegetables to the soup mixture, I had to saute and season them with salt and pepper. Oh, how I love the color and taste of fresh vegetables.
As I said above, Chicken Vegetable Soup is a simple recipe but it does take time, but the time spent on it is worth it. This soup is so refreshing and healthy and the great thing about it is that you can add as many vegetables to it as you want.
- Whole Chicken (small)
- Can of Corn (Drained and Rinsed) or Fresh Corn
- Any other preferred seasons, I used Roasted Garlic & Herb Seasoning
- (2) 32 oz of Low Sodium Chicken Broth
- Prepare chicken: Clean it, remove the insides, bath it in butter and then season with salt, pepper, and cinnamon or your preferred season.
- Cook chicken per package instructions
- After chicken is finished, let cool and then shred
- Chop vegetables and saute in oil
- Once vegetables are sauteed– add broth, vegetables, corn, and shredded chicken to a pot
- Stir and let simmer for 30 to 45 minutes.. stirring occasionally
- Serve and Enjoy
Written by: Aimee Fauci