Over the years my family has gone on several road trips. We have driven from Texas to New York, California, and Florida. Since our family is so big, road trips are the most logical way for us to travel. I have to admit that it’s not my preferred way to travel but I make sure that my family and I are road trip ready so that hopefully we all mentally survive.
Our road trips consist of 2 adults and 3 kids under the age of 13. In order for road trips to be pleasant, I do my best to think of everyone that will be traveling, so the experience is as comfortable and pleasant as possible.
- Before we begin our road trip adventure, I make sure that everyone has an assigned seat in the car. This will help to prevent last-minute arguments.
- I make sure that each passenger has a pillow, personal blanket, snack bag full of their favorite snacks, entertainment bag, and a personal trash bag. I try and do whatever I can to make them comfortable.
- For road trips that are more than 4 hours long, I make sure that everyone is dressed comfortably. I like to make sure that everyone is dressed in pajama pants or leggings, a light jacket (just in case it gets cold in the car), shoes that slip on and off easily so that they can quickly put them on when we stop for a bathroom break.
- I always make sure that I prepare my car for the ‘unexpected’. You never know when someone might get car sick, spill their drink, get hurt, and more. I make sure that I have a towel, a few grocery bags, pain reliever, toilet tissue and wet wipes packed in the car so I am ready for the unexpected.
- After traveling in the car for a long period of time, there are a lot of unpredictable smells that oftentimes occur. These smells are not the type of smells that you celebrate but ones that you definitely want to get rid of as soon as you can. Before we go on our road trip, I make sure to stop at my local auto parts store and purchase a few Vent Sticks and Mini Diffusers from Refresh Your Car®. Go here ——> to find a store near you. These come in a wide variety of scents that bring a long-lasting scent of happiness to your car. Some scents include Fresh Linen, Lemon Lime Sunshine™, Psychedelic Flower™, and more. I love the Refresh Your Car® Vent Sticks and Mini Diffusers because they have a fresh, long lasting but not overpowering scent and they are affordable. They definitely make road trips more enjoyable. Go here——> to see more scents.
Since summer is right around the corner and a lot of my readers will be going on family road trips I am hosting a giveaway to give you a chance to win an Auto Fragrance Prize Pack that includes a wide variety of products from Refresh Your Car®. Entering is simple, but please only enter if you live in the United States.
Long road trips can be stressful, especially if you have young kids, so it’s important that you are road trip ready. How do you prepare for family road trips?
Please pin this for others so that they are ready!